UNICC is the core shared service provider for the United Nations system, providing agile, cost-effective, UN-audit compliant high value digital business solutions. UNICC is highly competitive with today’s technology marketplace, often building synergies with industry partners as well as with its Clients and Partner Organizations.
How we create value. UNICC brings more to the table with:
- Experience and expertise for UN organizations
- United Nations Immunities and Privileges
- UN mandate for shared services delivery, efficiently, cost-effectively
- Standards and best practices adherence
- Superior operations and agile project management
- Partner Organizations have a say in UNICC strategy and direction
- Strategic partnerships with global organizations with shared agendas.
Key UN endorsements. Read excerpts from Joint Inspection Unit (JIU reports with recommendations for UN Agencies to consider UNICC for its cloud computing and cybersecurity solutions.
- Cybersecurity in the United Nations System Organizations (2021)
- Managing Cloud Computing Services in the United Nations System (2019)
- Data4Good Award 2022 from CDO Magazine for UNICC’s SDG alignment to Quality Education (SDG 4) – UNICC Global Data Hackathon (see article)
- World Procurement Awards 2022 – DeepStream Digital Impact Award: Pan American Health Organization and UNICC (see article) – Robotic Process Automation
- Columbia University Most Innovative Thought Leader 2021 Columbia School of Professional Studies – Data and analytics
- IT Dept Bravo Award 2021 Asian Development Bank for Ms Azure VD solution – Cloud services
- UN SG Awards 2021 with UNJSPF for the Digital CE solution – Blockchain (see article)
- ITU Innovation Challenge 2020 winner for UNICC and Microsoft’s UN Digital Academy.
- Reimagine the UN Together Challenge 2020 UN Digital ID project from the UN Digital Solutions Centre, with operations by UNICC – UN Digital Identity
- UN Secretary-General Awards 2020 with UN OICT for M365 migration – Global communications (see article)
- IT Dept Bravo Award for 2020 Asian Development Bank – Disaster resilience
- CSO50 Award 2020 and 2017 – for its Common Secure Information Security services – Cybersecurity (see article)
We enable the UN family’s vision
We offer shared and scalable solutions
We provide a cost-recovery model
We were created by the UN General Assembly as the shared services ICT organization of the UN. We enable our Clients and Partner Organizations to innovate and deliver. We envision and enable their digital transformation journeys.
We provide trusted services and economies of scale to the UN family and other international organizations. We see a growing demand for shared services, with cost savings and business efficiencies for our Client’s digital engagements.
We, as a not-for-profit, charge transparently and based on services and digital business solutions, with surplus funds refunded at the end of engagements. We net down to zero at the end of each biennium.