UNICC for the SustainableDevelopment Goals
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at its core, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet. Technology has enormous potential to achieve the SDGs, with new technologies such as blockchain, automation, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
The Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere.
Today, progress is being made, but action to meet the Goals is not advancing at the speed or scale required. Technology and innovation can be accelerators to usher in a decade of ambitious action to deliver the Goals by 2030.
Explore how UNICC and its strategic partners are finding technology solutions for supporting each of the Global Goals in this infographic and in the International Geneva Perception Change Project’s SDG Mapping website.
For the UN to deliver better on our mandate in the digital age, we need to embrace technologies that can help accelerate the achievement of the SDGs.
Antonio GuterresUN Secretary-General (in Forbes, Dec 2019)
Resources on technology for the Sustainable Development Goals:
- Facts and figures 2019. Measuring digital development, International Telecommunication Union
- Fast-forward progress. Leveraging tech to achieve the global goals, International Telecommunication Union
- Digital with Purpose. Delivering a SMARTer 2030, Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) and Deloitte
- ICTs for a Sustainable World, International Telecommunication Union
- Partnership on Measuring ICT for Development
- SDGs Mapping Exercise, United Nations Office at Geneva
- Secretary-General’s Strategy on New Technologies, United Nations
- The Impact of Digital Technologies, United Nations.