ICC presented its Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning Services, including ICC’s solid support to Clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, to over thirty people from 12 UN Agencies and non-profit organizations interested in subscribing to ICC’s new service.
ICC is taking the moment as a timely reminder that a set of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning services were introduced at the last Management Committee meeting. Together with ICC’s Chief of Business Relationship Management Section Prado Nieto and other BRMs, Lyle McFadyen, Senior Solutions Architect, and Sami Belquas, Senior Service Management Coordinator, presented ICC’s BC/DR Planning service, which provides continuity planning, testing and training services, a comprehensive management and support system for Clients seeking to improve their organizational resiliency and improve their ability to react.
The main goal of this service is to help ICC Clients:
- Safeguard life, property and the environment
- Minimize confusion and enable effective decision-making in a time of crisis
- Minimize the loss of assets, controls, revenue, and impact on customers
- Continue business operations – providing products and services even during a crisis
- Facilitate the timely recovery of business-critical functions
- Satisfy any legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, including ISO-IEC 22301:2019 certification.