|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/21/MUL/i005|
|Position Title||Business Solutions Intern|
|Position Type||Internship - 6-9 months|
|Number of Positions||2|
|Date of Issue||08/10/2021|
|Date of Closing||24/10/2021|
|Hours per week||37.5|
|Monthly Salary Estimation||Brindisi: EUR 400 per Month; Valencia: EUR 825 per month|
|Duty Station||Brindisi (Italy), Valencia (Spain)|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Business Solutions Unit (CPB)|
The United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC) is the leading provider of Information Technology and Communications (ICT) services within the United Nations System. Over the last four decades, UNICC has been continually expanding the services it is providing to its Partners in various parts of the world, and in various areas of ICT.
As a part of the UN family, UNICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, its core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation and teamwork. This combination has made ICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System.
UNICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, UNICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations.
Purpose of the position:
UNICC is offering opportunities for students to acquire practical and direct exposure in different areas of IT applications support on Windows and/or Linux environments.
Organizational setting and reporting:
Interns work 5 days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the CPB and will be provided guidance and support to perform the responsibilities mentioned below.
Responsibilities could include:
- Assist in the resolution of requests and/or incidents related to applications managed by the CPB on Windows and/or Linux environments)
- Assist in administration of database servers managed by A CPB
- Review and make proposal how to streamline the process to set up a new application environment (servers provisioning, firewall rules amendments, etc.)
- Review reports generated by the monitoring systems, to propose follow-up actions and/or recommendations
- Collect necessary documentation for the creation of a knowledge base for CPB
- At the end of the assignment, the intern will be required to write a short report on his/her internship experience
- Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behaviour; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts
- Communication: Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute
- Knowing and Managing Yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective and constructive way. Uses criticism as a developmental opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth
To qualify for this internship, applicants must be currently enrolled in a University programme (final year of a Master’s degree or equivalent) specializing in areas that are relevant to UNICC’s line of business such as Computer Science or other related fields or must have graduated in the last 6 months
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience to participate in the UNICC’s internship program, but applicants should have basic knowledge in some of the following areas:
- IT service management processes and/or technologies
- Reporting tools such as Power BI and/or Business Objects
- Database Management Systems or related
- Microsoft (IIS/.NET framework, T-SQL) or similar
- LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) stack technologies
- Scripting, preferably in PowerShell, Python and/or Bash
- Networking communication and TCP/IP or related
- Fluency in English is required (verbal and written)