|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/19/BSI/23|
|Position Title||Application Assistant Developer|
|Position Type||Fixed Term|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||16/08/2019|
|Date of Closing||22/09/2019|
|Annual Salary Estimation||EUR 30,419 (net, single rate)|
|Duty Station||Brindisi, Italy|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Application Delivery Unit (CPD)|
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head Application Delivery (CPD) and work in close collaboration with the other Application Delivery team members. The level of supervision will be adjusted depending on the grade of the selected candidates.
- Under closed supervision, build, test and deliver a deployable solution packages in Java and PL/SQL with instructions that can be used by the team to install the deliverables
- Under guidance, work with focal points to perform Oracle PL/SQL code fixes and enhancements.
- Assist in on-boarding new team members in terms of knowledge transfer.
- Review output formats to better understand expected outputs from the system;
- Assist in the preparation of the necessary application related technical documentation and testing.
- Follow the Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Skills required:
- At least 5 to 7 years of proven development experience with the following technologies or similar products:
- PL/SQL Oracle
- Web Service development
- Good experience in and knowledge of IT fundamentals and technologies pertinent to creating business solutions (software development and testing, architecture, applications, databases, integration, infrastructure and networks).
- Experience using different tools and techniques for web and application development.
- Experience in using application development frameworks like JPA, GWT, Angular, ExtJs
- Experience in working using Agile methodologies
- Graduation from secondary school supplemented by training in IT, preferably a diploma.
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Expert knowledge of English is required;
- Knowledge of Italian or French is desirable.
This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. All staff in the General Service and related categories shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of each office, irrespective of their nationality and of the length of time they may have been in the country. A staff member subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate): EUR 30,419.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 22 September 2019.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy