|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/23/MUL/YP6|
|Position Title||UNICC Youth Operations Rotation Program|
|Position Type||Internship - 6 months + Temporary appointment (G3) based on performance|
|Number of Positions||3|
|Date of Issue||13/07/2023|
|Date of Closing||30/09/2023|
|Monthly Salary Estimation - Internship||Internship: EUR 700 (Brindisi, Italy); EUR 800 (Valencia, Spain)|
|Annual Salary Estimation - G3 level||Brindisi: EUR 25,667; Valencia: EUR 31,249 (net, single rate)|
|Duty Station||Brindisi (Italy); Valencia, (Spain)|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Operations (OP)|
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
The objective of the Centre is to provide trusted ICT services and digital business solutions to its Clients and Partner Organizations. As a part of the UN family, UNICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, UNICC core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation, and teamwork. This combination has made UNICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System. UNICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, UNICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations.
Purpose of the position:
To provide coordination and consistency, and be the main point of contact, for the services provided in the context of specific engagements with partners and customers by multiple organizational units in UNICC.
The Operation Division supports all of the ICT infrastructure landscape, and liaises with various teams.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn about and assist in one or more technical areas, including:
- Operating Systems, Active Directory operations and support
- Infrastructure Storage & Virtualisation management and support
- Network Operations and support
- IT Automation
- Cloud operations and support
- Data Center Operations and Management
There is a dual aim to this Program, to prepare the incumbent for a career in Operations within the UN system by creating an environment of learning in action and to allow them to contribute in practical ways to the delivery of the mission of UNICC within the UN system.
This is a job-based, hands-on training, as you build your skills on live activities that really matters and offers:
- Targeted, 6-month rotation focused on developing expertise in one or more of the Operations fields of interest
- Bespoke support and coaching from the very best in the UNICC Operations
- Opportunity to work on live activities that build your experience and enhance IT Operation skills
- Access support from dedicated mentors plus self-paced learning opportunities within UNICC learning portal always at your fingertips
By the end of this Program, the candidate would have gained all the required understanding and skills needed to move into a junior staff role at G3 General Staff category.
What we offer:
Selected candidate(s) will be offered an initial paid internship agreement for a period of up to 6 months, which can be then extended to a General Service assignment at G3 level, based on good performance and available funding.
UNICC offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working arrangements, teleworking, and, depending on eligibility, other benefits such as dependency allowance and language allowance. Click here if you want to learn more about the benefits and entitlements for General Service Staff and/or Professional categories in the United Nations.
UNICC is committed to continuous learning and development and selected candidate(s) will be included in a training and mentoring Program, as part of the internship experience where they will have access to a wealth of training courses suited to all levels of expertise, from beginners to technical Operations experts.
How we work:
UNICC is an agile organization that supports the well-being of its employees and allows for flexibility, also in terms of working arrangements. The selected candidate(s) will work either remotely (working from home) or in a hybrid modality (split the time between home and the office, as required). Working hours will be established together with the relevant Head of the corresponding Unit within the Operations Division for either part-time or full-time employment (up to 40 hours per week depending on the duty station).
Who can apply:
Candidates applying for this call for interest should:
- Successfully completed secondary school education with focus in Computer Science, Engineering programs or related
- Have excellent command of English
- Having knowledge of French, Spanish or Italian would be an asset
- Display a great interest and motivation to work for the United Nations, particularly in IT Operations
- Be curious and creative, agile and adaptable
- Adhere the UN values and display the below UNICC competencies as follows:
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Interested candidates should apply through the UNICC official webpage until set time frame and should fill in the required form and attach a motivation letter. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for the interview.