|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/23/MUL/YP5|
|Position Title||UNICC Youth Cybersecurity Rotation Program|
|Position Type||Internship - 6 months + Temporary appointment (P1) based on performance|
|Number of Positions||4|
|Date of Issue||22/11/2023|
|Date of Closing||20/12/2023|
|Monthly Salary Estimation - Internship||Internship: EUR 700 (Brindisi, Italy); EUR 1000 (Rome, Italy); EUR 800 (Valencia, Spain)|
|Annual Salary Estimation - P1 level||Brindisi: USD 48,538; Rome: USD 50,850; Valencia: USD 50,079 (net, single rate, including post adjustment)|
|Duty Station||Brindisi, Rome, (Italy); Valencia, (Spain)|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Cybersecurity (CS)|
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
The objective of the Centre is to provide trusted ICT services and digital business solutions to its Clients and Partner Organizations. As a part of the UN family, UNICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, UNICC core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation, and teamwork. This combination has made UNICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System. UNICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, UNICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations.
Purpose of the position:
The objective of the Centre is to provide trusted ICT services and digital business solutions to its Clients and Partner Organizations.The Cybersecurity team supports all of the ICT infrastructure landscape and liaises with various teams.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn about and assist in one or more technical areas, including:
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Cybersecurity Architecture
- Identity and Access
- Cybersecurity Governance, Assurance and Data Protection and privacy
- Security Awareness
There is a dual aim to this Program, to prepare the incumbent for a career in Cybersecurity within the UN system by creating an environment of learning in action and to allow them to contribute in practical ways to the delivery of the mission of UNICC within the UN system.
This is a job-based, hands-on training, as you build your skills on live activities that really matters and offers:
- Targeted, 6-month rotation focused on developing expertise in one or more of the Cybersecurity fields of interest
- Bespoke support and coaching from the very best in UNICC Cybersecurity
- Opportunity to work on live activities that build your experience and enhance Cybersecurity skills
- Access support from dedicated mentors plus self-paced learning opportunities within UNICC learning portal always at your fingertips
By the end of this Program, the candidate would have gained all the required understanding and skills needed to move into a junior professional staff role at P1 level, based on good performance and available funding.
What we offer:
Selected candidate(s) will be offered an initial paid internship agreement for a period of up to 6 months, which can be then extended to a Professional (P1) level assignment, based on good performance and available funding.
UNICC offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working arrangements, teleworking, and, depending on eligibility, other benefits such as dependency allowance and language allowance. Click here if you want to learn more about the benefits and entitlements for Staff in the United Nations.
UNICC is committed to continuous learning and development and selected candidate(s) will be included in a training and mentoring Program, as part of the internship experience where they will have access to a wealth of training courses suited to all levels of expertise, from beginners to technical Cybersecurity experts.
How we work:
UNICC is an agile organization that supports the well-being of its employees and allows for flexibility, also in terms of working arrangements. The selected candidate(s) will work either remotely (working from home) or in a hybrid modality (split the time between home and the office, as required). Working hours will be established together with the Head, Cybersecurity Unit for either part-time or full-time employment (up to 40 hours per week depending on the duty station).
Who can apply:
Candidates applying for this call for interest should:
- be pursuing (during 6 months internship) or have recently graduated with first level university degree in Computer Science or Engineering Programs for P1 level appointment
- excellent command of English
- knowledge of French, Spanish or Italian would be an asset
- show great interest and motivation to work for the United Nations, particularly in an ICT environment
- be curious and creative, agile and adaptable
- adhere to the UN values and display the below UNICC competencies as follows:
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Interested candidates should apply through the UNICC official webpage until set time frame and should fill in the required form and attach a motivation letter. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for the interview.