|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/19/VAL/i005|
|Position Title||Service Desk Intern|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||19/06/2019|
|Date of Closing||05/07/2019|
|Annual Salary Estimation||750 Euros net month|
|Duty Station||Valencia, Spain|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Customer Services Section|
Duties to be performed:
ICC is looking for an Intern who will work under the overall guidance and direction of the Head of the Service Desk Unit in our Valencia office. The responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the logging of support requests and event-generated incidents in the CRM system and follow-up throughout the incident life cycle.
- Assist in the monitoring of the ICT infrastructure via various monitoring technologies.
- Assist in informing customers of outages, known errors and resolution progress.
- Participate in reviewing and enhancing the Service Desk knowledge base.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements: Applicants do not require prior professional work experience but they must have the following functional and technical skills:
- Knowledge of at least one of the following IT areas: Virtual Infrastructure, AD Services, MS SharePoint, MS SQL Server, Windows Server, Linux Server, Networking, MS Exchange.
To qualify for this internship the applicant must:
- Be at least 20 years of age.
- Be enrolled or have been enrolled in the last 6 months in a computer, telecommunications, telematics or other science oriented under-graduate or graduate school program.
What we offer: The selected candidate will have the opportunity to acquire hands on experience in the implementation of IT frameworks and standards (ITIL operations and transition, ISO 27000 security). S/he will also be involved in providing support to customers from a service desk perspective. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic, talented team in a multicultural and international environment.
Competencies and skills required:
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, or asks questions to clarify, and responds appropriately.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to handle confidential data.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Planning & Organizing:
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Uses time efficiently
- Able to deliver quality results
The International Computing Centre (ICC) is the leading provider of Information Technology and Communications (ICT) services within the United Nations System. Over the last four decades, ICC has been continually expanding the services it is providing to its Partners in various parts of the world, and in various areas of ICT.
As a part of the UN family, ICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, its core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation and teamwork. This combination has made ICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System.
ICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, ICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations. The Service Desk is Responsible for the collection, recording, resolution at Tier 1 level, escalation and closure of incidents and service requests. It is also responsible for the monitoring of the corporate ICT infrastructure. In addition, the service desk performs duties at various levels for the following IT processes: Major Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management.
Supporting the UN mission
ICC is committed to deliver operational excellence in those areas of Information and Communications Technology where it has recognized advantages, expertise and experience to deliver shared benefits for its Partners.
Effective IT services are critical to ICC Partners’ success. ICC will continue to create opportunities for Partners to outsource part of their IT services to ICC so that Partners can maximize the value of their internal IT functions and focus on their core business.