|Vacancy Notice Number
|Senior Application Support Technician
|Number of Positions
|Date of Issue
|Date of Closing
|Annual Salary Estimation
|EUR 34,160 (net, single rate)
|Business Solutions Unit (DSB)
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support of the applications under the portfolio of Business Solutions Unit.
Objectives of the Programme:
The objective of the Centre is to provide trusted ICT services and digital business solutions to its Clients and Partner Organizations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Head, Business Solutions Unit (DSB) within the Digital Solutions Centre Division (DS), and in close collaboration with the DSB team. The incumbent could be requested to do any other tasks of similar level in related fields.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the tier-2 application support provided (incident, request fulfilment, problem, and change/release management), monitor and coordinate with other teams as needed to ensure prompt resolution as per ensuring appropriate logging and tracking of resolution as per established procedures
- Provide technical support expertise and guidance to UNICC partners for software applications managed by UNICC, as the primary point of contact for its partners
- Install, configure, maintain (environment refreshes, application of patches, etc.) and support the application technology stack in GIS (Geographical Information System) application environments
- Manage communication with users/customers, maintaining the principle of customer service excellence
- Participate to operational meetings and act as Team Lead OIC when required
- Produce technical documentation as required
- Collaborate and provide ad hoc support either within her/his team or in other teams – this includes the participation in special projects (code migrations, application, and database upgrades, etc.) or support to service delivery for short periods, on a part-time or full-time basis, depending on the organization needs
Experience and Skills required:
- At least seven (7) years of experience in information technology or related area, including in operating and maintaining enterprise applications and databases
- Working knowledge in installing, configuring, and administering of GIS components (Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS servers, ArcGIS GeoEvent, and GeoCortex)
- Working knowledge in GIS services publishing using GIS tools (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Pro)
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 and later
- Knowledge of client/server and .NET applications in Windows environment
- Knowledge of networking communication and TCP/IP concepts
- Experience in drafting technical documentation
- Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with docker containers and orchestration tools
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Platform and/or AWS
- Knowledge of PowerShell and/or Bash scripting
- Graduation from secondary school supplemented by training in IT
- Relevant IT certification
- Certification in IT Service Management (ISO 20000 and/or ITIL)
- English: Expert knowledge is required
- Other language: Spanish, intermediate knowledge is desirable
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
This vacancy is open to UNICC staff only.
This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. All staff in the General Service and related categories shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of each office, irrespective of their nationality and of the length of time they may have been in the country. A staff member subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate): EUR 34,160.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing dates for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight Geneva time on 31 January 2023.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the UNICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
* For UNICC staff members who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please refer to the applicable WHO e-Manual Annex 6 – Guidelines on Standard Minimum Experience Exposure and Education Requirements
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity