|Vacancy Notice Number
|Head, Cloud Operations and Platform Services
|Number of Positions
|Date of Issue
|Date of Closing
|Annual Salary Estimation
|USD 100,248 (single rate, including post adjustment)
|Cloud Operations and Platform Service Unit (OPDA)
Experience and Skills required:
- At least seven (7) years of IT related experience with a main focus on IaaS and PaaS Cloud Computing
- Broad technical background and knowledge of IT services
- Extended experience in deployment of platform solutions to support DevSecOps practices, including ability to implement end to end complex CI/CD pipeline deployments
- Demonstrated managerial experience, ability to lead changes effectively, to structure core technical functions in the team, to build effective liaison within the team and with other UNICC support groups
- Ability to analyze and balance facts, priorities, resources, constraints and alternatives to make sound decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service fundamentals
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative to improve existing processes
- Understanding of UNICC products, services and processes
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. A first university degree coupled with four (4) years of experience in IT may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree
- Certification in AWS, GCP and/or Microsoft Cloud Service
- Service Management qualification, such as ITIL or ISO 20000
- Project Management qualification, such as PRINCE2
- English: Expert knowledge is required
- Spanish: Beginner knowledge is desirable
- Spanish: Beginner knowledge is desirable
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment: Guides and motivates staff towards meeting challenges and achieving objectives. Promotes ownership and responsibility for desired outcomes at all levels.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond: Develops and strengthens internal and external partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support to ICC. Identifies and uses synergies across the Organization and with external partners.
- Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behavior; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
This vacancy notice is open only to internal candidates
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate):
Valencia, (Spain) including post adjustment (32,6% on January 2024): US$ 100,248
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 18 February 2024.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the UNICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position* For UNICC staff members who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please refer to the applicable WHO e-Manual Annex 6 – Guidelines on Standard Minimum Experience Exposure and Education Requirements
Please inform us should you require any specific accommodation to facilitate your application
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
For applications to be valid, they must contain a motivation letter and the filled Personal History Form.