|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC-19-BSI-22|
|Position Title||IT Governance Associate|
|Position Type||Temporary Appointment - 12 months renewable|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||12/04/2019|
|Date of Closing||29/04/2019|
|Annual Salary Estimation||USD 60,335 (net, single rate)|
|Duty Station||Brindisi, Italy|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Governance Risk & Compliance and Quality Assurance Unit|
Do you have experience in the IT Governance Risk and Compliance area? Are you interested in supporting UN organizations in a number of activities such as IT governance, audit, control, policy development, standardization? Then join our teams based in Brindisi and help us delivering consultancy services across the globe!
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Governance Risk and Compliance Manager, the incumbent:
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of IT governance frameworks aligned with international good practices (i.e. ISACA) and adapted to ICC’s specific needs or Customer needs, if in the context of a consulting engagement
- Participate in the coordination of the day to day delivery of IT governance and control initiatives, in alignment with overall CSG approaches and plans
- As IT Governance and Information System Audit subject matter professional, participate in the coordination of the delivery of remediation plans needed to mitigate risks, in partnership with control and process owners, both in IT operations and projects
- Implements processes, procedures, and tools to measure adherence to IT controls in place
- Assists IT control owners in the design and implementation of controls, and in producing control evidence for audits
- Undertakes and/or coordinates reviews or audits as necessary
- Reviews, and maintains policies and guidelines for compliance with organization’s obligations (i.e. regulatory, contractual, standards, internal controls etc.)
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization’s use of information, and develops strategies for compliance
- Conducts ad hoc information system reviews in alignment with international standards and frameworks, for ICC or for customers
- Identifies opportunities for IT process improvement through simplification and standardization
- Deliver consulting services to customers in the Governance Risk and Compliance space, including but not limited to IT Governance, IT strategy development & documentation, IT risk management, information systems control, ISO management systems (especially ISO27001, ISO20000-1)
- Provides support to other activities within or outside the team as needed
Experience And Skills required
- At least two years of relevant experience in the IT Governance Risk and Compliance area
- Experience in defining IT Governance processes
- Experience in developing policies and procedures
- Experience in conducting workshops with IT and business professionals
- Experience with tools that support IT governance (GRC and/or service management tools)
- Strong track record of delivering consulting projects involving close relationship with customers, preferably internationally and development of high quality reports
- Experience in the UN system or in similar International Organizations is desirable
- Some experience in Project Management is desirable
- Bachelor’s equivalent university degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- ITIL Foundation
- ISO 20000/27001 implementer and/or auditor
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
- Risk Management (MoR or ISO 31000)
- ITIL intermediate (Service Strategy)
- Project Management certification (PRINCE2 or PMP)
ICC Global Competencies:
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Fostering integration and teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate), including post adjustment (27.5% on March 2019): US$ 60,335
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 29 April 2019.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy