|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/22/VAL/i022|
|Position Title||Internship - Service Desk Support|
|Position Type||Internship - 6 months|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||18/01/2022|
|Date of Closing||13/02/2022|
|Hours per week||37.5|
|Monthly Salary Estimation||EUR 825 per month|
|Duty Station||Valencia, Spain|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Service Desk Unit (OPCS)|
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this internship
About the UNICC:
The United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC) is the leading provider of Information Technology and Communications (ICT) services within the United Nations System. Over the last four decades, UNICC has been continually expanding the services it is providing to its Partners in various parts of the world, and in various areas of ICT.
As a part of the UN family, UNICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, its core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation and teamwork. This combination has made UNICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System.
UNICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, UNICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations.
Purpose of the position:
The UNICC Service Desk Unit is looking to enhance the capacity of the team, to support the operations in the delivery of support services to its customers following the IT frameworks and standards (ITIL operations and transition, ISO 27001 security) mission critical infrastructure and with the support of demanding customers from a service desk perspective.
The main objective is to enable students to apply and complement the knowledge they have acquired throughout their academic training to prepare them for the professional world.
The Service Desk is responsible for the collection, recording, resolution at Tier 1 level, escalation and closure of incidents and service requests. It is also responsible for the monitoring of the corporate ICT infrastructure. In addition, the service desk performs duties at various levels for the following IT processes: Major Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management.
Organizational setting and reporting:
Interns work 5 days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Service Desk Unit and will be provided guidance and support to perform the responsibilities mentioned below.
Responsabilities could include:
- Assist in the logging of support requests and event generated incidents in the CRM system and follow-up throughout the incident life cycle
- Assist in the monitoring of the ICT infrastructure through the use of various monitoring technologies
- Assist in informing customers of outages, known errors and resolution progress
- Participate in reviewing the content and enhance the Service Desk knowledge base
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behaviour; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
- Communication: Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
To qualify for this internship, applicants must be currently enrolled in a University programme (final year of a Master’s degree or equivalent) specializing in areas that are relevant to UNICC’s line of business such as Computer Science or other related fields or must have graduated in the last 6 months
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience to participate in the UNICC’s internship program, but it is desired that applicants have knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Excellent telephone manners, interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following IT areas: Virtual Infrastructure, AD Services, MS SharePoint, MS SQL Server, Windows Server, Linux Server, Networking, MS Exchange.
- Fluency in English is required (verbal and written)