|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/21/VAL/i021|
|Position Type||Internship - 6-9 months|
|Date of Issue||30/08/2021|
|Date of Closing||19/09/2021|
|Hours per week||37.5|
|Monthly Salary Estimation||750 Euros per Month|
|Duty Station||Valencia, Spain|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Human Resources Section|
The United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC) is the leading provider of Information Technology and Communications (ICT) services within the United Nations System. Over the last four decades, UNICC has been continually expanding the services it is providing to its Partners in various parts of the world, and in various areas of ICT.
As a part of the UN family, UNICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, its core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer-focus, accountability, understanding cross-cultural differences, excellence, innovation and teamwork. This combination has made ICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System.
UNICC is committed to delivering reliable ICT services driven by best practices. With its world-class technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, together with the vast cross-domain experience of its very knowledgeable staff, UNICC is always ready to offer UN-friendly shared solutions to the United Nations System of Organizations.
Purpose of the position:
UNICC is offering a great opportunity to acquire practical experience in and direct exposure to a whole range of human resources and communication activities. The small yet dynamic HR section (CHR) is involved in a number of exciting projects covering the whole HR spectrum and offers HR support to staff and Managers in our 5 duty stations. The selected intern will mainly support the communication and outreach efforts as part of the Selection and Recruitment activities of the Centre.
Organizational setting and reporting:
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of the HR Officer in the Human Resources Section.
Responsabilities could include:
- For relevant vacancies, support the HR Officer in reviewing the requirements and profile needed and identifying best dissemination channels for the target audience, liaising with the hiring manager and the Communication division as appropriate, making use of social media
- Assist in implementing measures promoting gender parity and diversity
- Assist in all aspects of HR communications (external sourcing such as LinkedIn, Intranet site etc.)
- Act as rapporteur on behalf of CHR and attend interview processes, draft Selection Reports and liaise with panel members for comments and endorsement of reports
- Conduct reference checks for short-listed candidates, as per the selection policy
- Monitor the relevant inbox and provide assistance with selection queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients
- Support the L&D activities by researching and proposing trainings/courses for staff, as part of the “Linkedin Learning of the Month” project
- As and when required, assist in the organizing of selection processes including coordinating on the availability of the panel members, preparation of all necessary documentation, interview schedule logistics
- Provide HR operational support, as and when required
- Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behaviour; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
- Communication: Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and Managing Yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective and constructive way. Uses criticism as a developmental opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
To qualify for this internship, applicants must be currently enrolled in a University programme (final year of a Master’s degree or equivalent) with one of the following specializations: Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Linguistics or must have graduated in the last 6 months.
Work Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience to participate in UNICC’s internships programme, but applicants should have the following functional and technical skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to draft various types of reports
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English is required (verbal and written)
- Intermediate knowledge of French or Spanish language is desirable