|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/20/BSI/i013|
|Position Title||Automation Technician|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||15/07/20|
|Date of Closing||16/08/20|
|Duty Station||Brindisi, Italy|
|Section/Unit||Automation Unit (OPA)|
|Monthly Salary||€ 400|
Purpose of Position:
ICC is offering opportunities for students to acquire practical and direct exposure in different areas of application and software development.
Organizational Setting and Reporting:
Interns work 5 days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member and will be provided some guidance and support to achieve all responsibilities mentioned below.
- Assist in the deployment of changes to software modules
- Under the guidance of a Systems Analyst, perform verification, security and load tests of the software modules to ensure their fitness, reliability and stability
- Test and assist in the deployment of integration scripts and solutions integrating data between the software modules and other external data sources
- Assist in the preparation of the necessary project-related technical documentation
- Help and support the team in the daily activities
At the end of the assignment, the intern is required to write a short report on his/her internship experience.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, or asks questions to clarify, and responds appropriately
- Teamwork: Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda
- Planning & Organizing: Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience to participate in the ICC’s internship programme, but applicants should have the following application development skills:
- Knowledge of IT fundamentals and technologies
- Scripting in C#
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Java, Bash
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems
- Basic Knowledge of configuration management tools
Required knowledge and some experience in at least one of the following:
- Software development lifecycle
- General knowledge of automation principles and techniques
- Knowledge of general purpose programming languages, Powershell, development, XML and web services.
Fluency in English is required (verbal and written)
Qualifications – Candidates must be recently graduated, or in final year university attendance, specialising in areas that are relevant to ICC’s line of business such as Computer Science, Business Management, Human Resources Management and other related fields.
Objectives – Work carried out at ICC must be in compliance with their studies.
Duration – Three to six months, starting any time during the year.
Remuneration – Successful candidates will be remunerated on a monthly basis.
Language – A good knowledge of English or French, and a working knowledge of the other, is essential.
Insurance – Health insurance is covered either by WHO or by a given university agreement.
Nationality – From Member States of the UN.
Appointment – Selected students will be invited for an interview, after which a final decision will be taken.