|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/22/VAL/753|
|Position Title||Information Technology Engineer (Enterprise Backup Services)|
|Position Type||Fixed term|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||10/11/2022|
|Date of Closing||01/12/2022|
|Annual Salary Estimation||USD 76,421 (net, single rate, including post adjustment)|
|Duty Station||Valencia, Spain|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Infrastructure and Platform Management Unit (OPOI)|
Experience and Skills required:
- Minimum five years of relevant IT experience, including in managing and configuring Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Sound experience in the design, implementation, management and driving innovation for backup services in collaboration with key stakeholders and external partners
- Excellent understanding of backup infrastructure and the interaction with other infrastructure components
- Hands-on experience of designing, transitioning and delivering backup solution services
- Expert knowledge in enterprise backup products (e.g. Avamar, Data Domain, Spanning, Elastic Cloud Storage, S3 etc)
- Proven ability to prepare and present technical documentation, business cases and project proposals
- Good conceptual thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Work experience at the international level, especially working with or within organizations of the UN family
- Good understanding of:
- ISO 20000 and/or ITIL processes
- First level university degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or related field
- Certifications in any of the following:
- Enterprise backup products
- ITIL and/or ISO 20000
- English: Expert knowledge is required
- Spanish: Beginner knowledge is desirable
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Ensuring effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with UNICC’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate), including post adjustment (21,9% on November 2022): US$ 76,421.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 1st December 2022.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the UNICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
* For UNICC staff members who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please refer to the applicable WHO e-Manual Annex 6 – Guidelines on Standard Minimum Experience Exposure and Education Requirements
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.