|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC-21-VAL-716|
|Position Title||Head of Procurement|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||28/05/2021|
|Date of Closing||13/06/2021|
|Annual Salary Estimation||USD 100,496 (net, single rate, including post adjustment)|
|Duty Station||Valencia, Spain|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Directorate (DOC)|
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of this post is to lead sourcing, supply management and procurement of UNICC.
The role involves management, administration, and supervision of UNICC’s acquisition activities, including contracting services, managing the purchase of supplies, equipment, services, and leading contractual negotiations, in accordance with established procurement rules.
Objectives of the positions include: optimise cost by seeking best value for money, lead evaluation and selection of suppliers, ensure excellent supplier performance, oversee contract negotiations, guarantee the highest level of ethics and compliance, ensure procurement policies and procedures meet internal and external compliance requirement around diversity, social responsibility & sustainability goals.
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services (including training) as well as Digital Business Solutions on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will work under the guidance and supervision of the Chief of Staff, Directorate Division and in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders across all Divisions, on the following responsibilities:
- Develop, through a collaborative and inclusive approach, a (global) sourcing strategy in alignment with UNICC’s business strategy
- Build an operating model that supports both traditional and agile sourcing approaches to match the organization’s evolving needs, in line with its appetite for risk and its compliance framework
- Keep abreast of industry trends that have an impact on the technology sourcing strategy
- Continually assesses business needs, financials, and the technology vendor market, in particular, to determine the best options and sources of supply for the organization
- Manage a comprehensive list of best-in-class suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing industry trends and competitive positioning to ensure engagement and leverage of the most effective supply base
- Monitor and support key development, evaluation and retirement of strategic technology supplier relationships, and update sourcing strategies accordingly
Procurement and Suppliers Management
- Develop and lead the implementation of UNICC procurement strategy based on strategic sourcing goals and good practices
- Oversee procurement activity in all duty stations including leading business terms negotiation and ensuring timely delivery in compliance with procurement policies
- Collaborate with purchasing staff in developing procurement forecasting and planning to ensure responsive, effective, and quality procurement services
- Coordinate, solicit and evaluate bids/proposals/quotations of complex nature to ensure overall competitiveness, quality, and conformity to specified requirements
- Ensure timely and thorough preparation of required documentation in line with UNICC’s and Host Organization’s procurement policies
- Develop effective procurement collaboration and reporting tools to ensure that data and information requirements of stakeholders are met
- Regularly assess the procurement process and identify opportunities for simplifying, streamlining and enhancing processes also by leveraging digital solutions available
- Oversee UNICC end-to-end contract lifecycle including contractual aspects of acquisitions, establishment of strategic or ad hoc agreements or special contractual arrangements, for all locations
- Liaise and coordinate with suppliers, Host Organization focal points and other contacts – including legal officers – for contractual related activities
- Coordinate with staff and vendors to ensure enforcement of contracts including providing support in the handling of claims and disputes, demanding specific performance, claiming against warranties, etc.
- Ensure timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of goods
- Coordinates with suppliers for the maintenance UNICC assets
- Oversee disposal practices
Procurement Team Management
- Lead, guide and mentor procurement team members, promote high professional and ethical standards and provide career development support
- Coordinate activities of the team, ensure timely and quality delivery of overall procurement services and provide guidance to staff on strategy, plans, policies and procedures for efficient and high quality results
- Collaborate with other units/sections on special projects or initiatives
- Represent Procurement in the Leadership Group of UNICC
- Represent UNICC Procurement in relevant networks and working groups
- Provide other ad hoc support either within your team or in other teams as required – this includes the participation in special projects or support to service delivery for short period of time on a part-time or full time basis upon request from the senior management
Experience and Skills required:
- At least 7 years relevant professional experience in procurement and contracts management and operations, of which 5 years in large international organizations
- Extensive experience in negotiating and administering complex contracts
- Experience in managerial responsibilities, including team leadership and organizational skills, in a cross-cultural environment in a job with a comparable level of responsibility
- Sound knowledge of procurement operations and processes including Procure-to-Pay modules in ERP
- Sound knowledge of best practices of sourcing and procurement
- Collaborative and oriented to internal customer service
- Relevant experience in legal analysis and market research
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, engineering or IT or other similar area OR a first-level university degree in business administration, public administration, engineering or IT or other similar area in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Industry relevant qualifications, such as from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent, would be an asset. Additional study or training in law or a recognized qualification / certification in procurement an advantage
- Expert knowledge of English is required
- Intermediate knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
ICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment Guides and motivates staff towards meeting challenges and achieving objectives. Promotes ownership and responsibility for desired outcomes at all levels.
- Ensuring effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with UNICC’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond: Develops and strengthens internal and external partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support to UNICC. Identifies and uses synergies across the Organization and with external partners.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate), including post adjustment (36,7% on May 2021): US$ 100,496
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 13 June 2021.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy