|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC-21-GVA-643|
|Position Title||Head, Cloud Operations and Platform Services|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||26/03/2021|
|Date of Closing||11/04/2021|
|Annual Salary Estimation||USD 132,054 (net, single rate, including post adjustment)|
|Duty Station||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Cloud Operations and Platform Service Unit|
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the post is to manage the Cloud Ops and Platform Services Unit (OPDA) to support, manage and maintain Services provided by the Cloud Services Section (OPD), within the Operations Division (OP). The services are delivered at a high level of quality and efficiency in order to create value for customers. The Unit (OPDA) also executes, in close coordination with customers and the Clients & Projects Division (CP), projects related to enhancing and maintaining the delivered services.
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Chief, Cloud Services Section. The incumbent is responsible for the following duties and could be requested to do any others tasks of similar level in related fields:
- Lead the Cloud Ops and Platform Services Unit (OPDA) and its staff, in all ICC locations. Ensure that all staff management processes are adhered to, and regular communication and performance feedback and coaching is given to all staff for improvement purposes. Evaluate progress and performance; ensure exchange of information, experience and learning; develop new strategies and identify courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services in accordance with direction received from senior management
- Supervise a core cloud operational team with responsibility for:
- Provision of expertise to organizations moving to the public cloud, with both hybrid and pure cloud workloads
- Migration of workloads to the cloud
- Provision of ongoing support to cloud workloads, as needed
- Provide technical leadership
- Support the Chief, Cloud Services in providing overall section management, with responsibility for:
- Maintaining cloud adoption framework and governance
- Assessing business, architectural and implementation details
- Determining workload placement
- Evaluating providers against requirements
- Ensure that all processes operated by the Unit are in line with agreed standards and that agreed metrics are in place and reported regularly and accurately
- Standardize and document the unit’s operating procedures to the greatest extent possible, and automate tasks wherever possible
- Provide oversight for projects and services delivered by the unit, ensuring cost, time, scope and quality meet customer expectations
- Establish processes for Capacity, Availability and Service Level Management
- Collaborate with Business Relationship Managers and ICC Project Managers and other Service Owners to strengthen the partnership with client organizations and deliver our services
- Establish and maintain an on-going plan for human resources and service maintenance including hardware and software upgrades, and general service improvement projects
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement and team building within the Unit, including identitification of key areas for cloud platform automation and optimization and implementation of cost efficient cloud-based solutions
- Keep abreast of industry good practices, new trends and technologies and evaluate these for possible adoption or incorporation
- Under guidance from the Chief, Cloud Services Section, maintain an active contact with customers. Contribute to develop and promote effective collaboration with ICC’s Partner organizations
- Report service performance to, and coordinate service activities with customers
- Act as Officer-In-Charge of the Section during the absence of the Section Chief, if nominated
- The incumbent may be requested to provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as to serve as a “stand-by” officer on a rotation basis
- Provide other ad hoc support either within your team or in other teams as required – this includes the participation in special projects or support to service delivery for short period of time on a part-time or full time basis upon request from the senior management
Experience and skills required:
- Broad technical background and knowledge of IT services
- At least 7 years of IT related experience with a main focus on IaaS and PaaS Cloud Computing
- Extended experience in deployment of platform solutions to support DevSecOps practices, including ability to implement end to end complex CI/CD pipeline deployments
- Demonstrated managerial experience, ability to lead changes effectively, to structure core technical functions in the team, to build effective liaison within the team and with other ICC support groups
- Ability to analyze and balance facts, priorities, resources, constraints and alternatives to make sound decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service fundamentals
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented and high-pressured environment
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative to improve existing processes
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills: oral and written communication, active listening and presentation skills
- Understanding of ICC products, services and processes
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Certification in AWS and/or Microsoft Cloud Service
- Service Management qualification, such as ITIL or ISO 20000
- Project Management qualification, such as PRINCE2
- English: Expert knowledge is required
- French: Beginner knowledge is desirable
- Spanish: Beginner knowledge is desirable
ICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment: Guides and motivates staff towards meeting challenges and achieving objectives. Promotes ownership and responsibility for desired outcomes at all levels.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond: Develops and strengthens internal and external partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support to ICC. Identifies and uses synergies across the Organization and with external partners.
This vacancy notice is open only to internal candidates
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate), including post adjustment (81,8% in February 2021): USD$ 132,054.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 11 April 2021.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy