|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/19/BSI/612|
|Position Title||Chief Operations Officer|
|Position Type||Long term|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||20/01/2020|
|Date of Closing||16/02/2020|
|Annual Salary Estimation||USD 123,200 (net, single rate, including post adjustment)|
|Duty Station||Brindisi, Italy|
|Organizational Location/Unit||Operations Division|
ALL QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE TO APPLY
Please note that this position is a re-advertisement. The previous applicants who already applied to this position do not need to apply again as their application will automatically be included in the list of applicants to the above mentioned position.
Purpose of the Position:
To provide leadership to the Technology Operations for ICC and its Partners
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of ICC, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent works under the guidance and the supervision of the ICC Director and is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to ICC in regard to technology operations matters, providing proactive advice to the Director and to the Management Committee as required in these areas. Review major Service Delivery Agreements before they are sent to the customers.
- Lead the Operations Division, providing support and guidance across all its section. Promote operational excellence, team work, ownership and responsibility within OP and with other Divisions.
- Assist the Director in establishing ICC’s work plan and strategic directions. Promote effective collaboration and partnerships outside the organization and assist the Director in the preparation of senior management encounters and presentations.
- Serve as a member of the ICC Executive Committee and take shared responsibility for the work of that group, including the management of risk for the organization. Assist the Director in the preparation of Management Committee meetings and the related documentation and reports.
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement and team building within the Division and ICC as a whole. Continuously evaluate customer services and IT market trends to enhance, using the information to proactively evolve ICC’s services.Support development of new services and products by incubating solutions based on emerging technologies and running ‘proof of concepts’ for proving value of digital technology for ICC.
- Maintain an active contact with customers. Actively develop and promote effective collaboration with ICC’s Partner organizations. Promote a customer centric approach to enhancing services and solving technical problems. Attend key status-review meetings for Service Delivery Agreements.
- From time to time act as Officer-In-Charge of ICC during the absence of the Director if nominated. Represent ICC externally and within the UN System as necessary. Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Skills required:
- Fifteen years of experience in the provision of professional computing services including 10 years of experience in building and managing technical teams at an international level
- Experience of effectively mentoring and motivating technical managers
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, ability to tailor language, style and format to match audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in supervising a team of trainers and/or administrative staff
- Experience in working with senior management as well as technical staff
- Knowledge of ICT technical areas and terminology
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, to develop clear goals, coordinate, monitor work progress and resources, and adjust priorities as required
- Ability to oversee programs and events organized in remote locations
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Experience in facilitation of conferences and workshops
- Knowledge of United Nations common system
- Master degree in IT, education, social science, international relations or a related field
- Technical training in the area of adult learning
- Certification in ITIL and/or Prince2
- Expert knowledge of English is required
- Intermediate knowledge of French is desirable
- Beginner’s knowledge of Spanish and/or Italian is desirable
ICC Global Competencies:
- Driving ICC to a successful future: Demonstrates a broad-based understanding of the growing complexities of ICT issues and activities. Creates a compelling vision of shared goals, and develops a roadmap for successfully achieving real progress in improving ICT services.
- Fostering integration and teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment: Guides and motivates staff towards meeting challenges and achieving objectives. Promotes ownership and responsibility for desired outcomes at all levels.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with ICC’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
- Promoting ICC’s position: Positions ICC as a leader in ICT services. Gains support for ICC’s mission. Coordinates, plans and communicates in a way that attracts support from intended audiences.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate), including post adjustment (23,7% on September 2019): US$ 123,200.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 16 February 2020.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy