The purpose of this post is to provide technical support for the provision of Oracle E-Business-based ERP services.
|The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Under the direction and supervision of the Chief, ERP System Management Section, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Performing the roles of Technical Architect, System Administrator and/or DBA on projects and services related to managed hosting of ERP Systems.
• Performing the role of Service Manager (including Business Relationship Management and Service Level Management) for one or more ICC Service Delivery Agreements (SDAs).
• Coordinating, preparing, presenting and implementing proposals and projects linked to the SDAs which are in force between ICC and its customers.
• Providing technical support for Managed Oracle E-Business Hosting services provided by ICC, including system administration of E-Business technology components.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting the application technology stack (web servers, application servers, database servers, concurrent managers, etc.) in Oracle E-Business environments for ICC clients.
• Designing and creating new environments, performing code migrations, environment refreshes, application of patches, application and database upgrades, implementation of backup, recovery, disaster recovery and application/database monitoring procedures, implementation of E-Business support, operational and change management procedures.
• Undertaking all the tasks needing to be performed in a technical environment that includes multi-node application servers using a Shared APPL-TOP and database servers.
• Co-ordinating with the application and database vendors for resolution of problems (functional bugs, performance issues, etc.).
• Providing technical support for the ERP development team of the Partner Organization(s).
• Planning and conducting Disaster Recovery tests.
• Providing assistance in landscape design.
• Monitoring capacity.
• Performing routine production support activities and providing incident and problem management support.
• Troubleshooting E-Business-related issues.
• Undertaking performance tuning.
• Producing documentation as required.
• Implementing project-type activities and other requests for services.
• Performing support activities during maintenance windows.
• In case of emergencies, performing support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours.
• Providing standby and on-call support as and when required.
• Performing other duties as required.
• This vacancy is an extension of [ICC/13/GVA/544]. Applicants to VN [ICC/13/GVA/544] need not re-apply.
• Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
• Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
• Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of Oracle E Business in production environments.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Practical experience with interactive systems, advanced understanding of relational databases.
• Knowledge of Service Level Management Principles.
• University degree in computer or information science, mathematics or related field.
• ITIL intermediate qualifications in Service Operation, Service Transition and Continual Service Improvement as well as PRINCE2 practitioner certification.
• Five years or more of experience in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
• Extensive experience in Oracle E-Business technical architecture design, installation, configuration and administrator support.
• Experience in creation of new instances, migration of code, patching and environment refreshes.
• Experience in design, implementation and support of backup, monitoring, disaster recovery solutions.
• Familiarity with IT project and service management standards, frameworks, methodologies and best practices such as PRINCE2, ITIL.
• Ability to manage projects and work productively under pressure, even when clear direction and/or information in not always available.
• Experience with Oracle Portal and SSO.
• Experience in the administration of : Database Vault, Noetix Reporting, OBIEE, Oracle Internet Directory, Transparent Data Encryption.
• Experience in Oracle database administration with technical knowledge of tools/features such as RAC, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN and DataGuard.
• Knowledge of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC).
• Expert knowledge of English is required.
• Intermediate knowledge of French is desirable.