• Provide administrative assistance and support (i.e. process requests and make all necessary arrangements for travel and training of staff; organize and coordinate meetings and other related activities; keep the calendar of the Services Manager, and provide secretarial assistance during meetings; make and answer telephone calls, and act as a communications link between the Services Manager and the staff
• Provide day-to-day assistance and support to the Administrative Officer/Head, Administrative Unit
• Use initiative and good judgment to respond to enquiries of a general nature regarding the services, policies and procedures of the Centre, and tactfully direct calls or enquiries to the appropriate staff, when necessary
• Update the ICC NYD StaffNet site with approved documents as required by the Division
• Operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, i.e. photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc.
• Use standard word processing package, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and other related office software and tools to produce a variety of routine correspondence, reports, charts, tables, procedures, etc.
• Maintain inventory of, and prepare requisitions for office supplies and equipment
• Assists in the preparation of monthly reports for budgetary and resource utilization analysis
• Act as backup for other administrative assistants, in case of extended absence, or as may be necessary
• Maintain the office filing system
• Coordinate the weekly dispatch of documents by FedEx and/or UN pouch, facilitate entry and receive visitors
• Perform other duties as required